When team is in Slump

When team is in Slump

Postby blazertaz13 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Okay veterans, what do you do when your team seems to be in a slump? I could use the advice as the we seem to have a terrible problem on the road.

A secondary question, the AD wants us to finish in top 3. When I get our scouting reports it appears that we are underdogs in every game. Either our scouting coach does not have any faith in our group or the AD does not realize the rebuilding job that I am needing to do. I am just concerned that we will not meet goals (most likely all three), that I will not get a chance to turn the program around.

Thanks for any suggestions.
blazertaz13

Re: When team is in Slump

Postby PointGuard » Sun May 17, 2020 4:47 pm

Just as in real life, winning on the road is tough, particularly if you have a so-so (or worse) team. So losing on the road isn't necessarily a "slump".

But you can try changing your lineup to see if someone might surprise you in a starting role or a particular lineup click (you can keep track of how different lineups are doing by going to INSIGHTS tab and then from the pulldown menu select "Lineup Tracking".

Also keep checking your stats...who's just lofting up shots but hitting a low percentage and who's hitting a high percentage, but does the guy who's hitting a high percentage rarely shoot and instead pass it off most of the time, who's getting more rebounds/40 minutes, same for scoring and assists.

Try adjusting your philosophies...changing the offensive pace, defensive intensity, degree of crashing the boards, etc.

The week before your game against an opponent (when you first receive your scouting report), if they primarily play a particular zone defense, be sure to adjust your practice schedule to spend more time on that particular zone attack (then the next week you will probably need to readjust depending on what your new upcoming opponents' defense is).

During the game if a team is tattooing you with one of your defenses, change from auto to one of your defenses that seems to be working better against that team (this is often hard to determine).

Judiciously use your time outs to cut reduce your opponent's momentum if it gets too high.

A particular player of your opponents killing you? Maybe put one of your players with a high "scoring" rating or a high drawing fouls rating up against him to see if you can get him into foul trouble (and onto the bench).

My opinion about "win % chance" is that's a VERY rough approximation/guess and not too reliable.

BUT...no matter what you do...you're still likely to lose a high percentage of your road games.

If you're in your first season (or even your second) with a team and fail to meet goals, your job security may decrease some but not likely enough to get you fired that quickly. So don't sweat it...even if you do eventually get canned, it just means you get a new opportunity somewhere else.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby blazertaz13 » Fri May 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Finally won a road game. That means we are 1-11 as of right now. Just gets tough seeing how everyone else seems to win. Oh well I will get better.
blazertaz13

Postby Wayne23 » Sat May 23, 2020 8:42 am

The road is definitely tough here, yes.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sat May 23, 2020 2:11 pm

Hey! Haven't you been listening? We're all supposed to STAY HOME!
:rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion