Injured Player

Injured Player

Postby Wayne23 » Sun May 24, 2020 2:56 pm

I have a guy out for 70 days with a broken finger. I put him last on my depth chart and he has zero minutes assigned to him. Yet he regularly plays for several minutes when I sim. This is a flaw in the game that should not be happening. There needs to be a way to keep the guy completely out of action. If there is one I'm missing it.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Injured Player

Postby PointGuard » Sun May 24, 2020 4:27 pm

You have him as the 15th guy on your depth chart? And he's playing when in that position? And all of the 14 guys above him are getting minutes also?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sun May 24, 2020 5:27 pm

I have him last on my depth chart. No minutes assigned to him. Not always the case that everyone above him is getting minutes but he is getting 3-9 minutes in most games. Once in awhile he doesn't play.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sun May 24, 2020 5:46 pm

Hmmm...I didn't think the 14th and 15th players on your list in the depth chart ever got into a game when simming....unless there were players above him that were injured.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:44 pm

I cut my walk ons and usually one other player, or I have 1 or 2 red shirts. Usually dress 11 or 12.
Wayne23

Postby Serafino74 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:26 pm

An opponent player at DDS Pro Basketball supposed to be injured for 10 days but he was played over 25 min with good stats. His energy started at 22 and soon he was playing the whole game with 0 energy against my best player and doing very well. He was not a starter but came for so long due to a foul problem of a starter. I don't sim the games so i saw it happens! But it's ok i don't think that this happens in regular basis........I just mention it.
Serafino74

Postby PointGuard » Mon May 25, 2020 12:33 am

Wayne23 wrote:I cut my walk ons and usually one other player, or I have 1 or 2 red shirts. Usually dress 11 or 12.

Yeah, then I think that's creating the problem. Although I'm not sure, I believe when the EN levels for other players drop low enough that the AI (when simming) needs to sub, it will select someone best qualified for the position from within the top 12 players on the depth chart. Another way it MAY happen is when you are far ahead (or far behind) which causes the AI to decide to put non-primary players (guys low on the depth chart)b in for some slop time.

If you want to avoid this when simming, I'd suggest you carry a full roster so that you can place your injured player(s) below the top 12 or 13 on the depth chart.

Haven't you noticed that AI (for opposing teams) sometimes plays injured players? Sometimes even starting them? I don't think the AI handles injuries like most human players of this game do.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby PointGuard » Mon May 25, 2020 12:35 am

Serafino74 wrote:An opponent player at DDS Pro Basketball supposed to be injured for 10 days but he was played over 25 min with good stats. His energy started at 22 and soon he was playing the whole game with 0 energy against my best player and doing very well. He was not a starter but came for so long due to a foul problem of a starter. I don't sim the games so i saw it happens! But it's ok i don't think that this happens in regular basis........I just mention it.

RIght! Exactly what happens at times...a good case in point of the AI handling injuries differently that human players.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Corduroy » Mon May 25, 2020 3:00 am

Just putting him last and not assigning him minutes won't guarantee that he may not play. You've got to uncheck the position boxes so the AI won't know where to assign him. It's not 100% effective, but it's the best method I've come up with so an injured player doesn't get in.
Corduroy

Postby Wayne23 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:12 am

Hadn't thought of that. But this still needs a fix.
Wayne23

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion