Wolverine Games on Windows Tablet?

Discuss anything you like related to Wolverine Studios

Wolverine Games on Windows Tablet?

Postby ClarkTorry » Sat May 25, 2019 5:13 am

Hey everyone!

I recently purchased a Macbook Pro and so am not able to play these games anymore. I really want DDSCB3 and I don't want to mess with Parallels/Bottcamp, etc because I'm not that tech savvy. I am willing to purchase a tablet just to be able to play these games again. I researched and looks like the best non-mac tablets run on Android and I don't think these will work either so this will force me to buy a windows os tablet...looks like the Lenovo Thinkpad 8 is a good option for me. It runs Windows 8 and here are the specs:

ECS AT A GLANCE: DELL VENUE 8 PRO
SCREEN 1280×800 at 8" (186 ppi)
OS Windows 8.1 32-bit with Office Home and Student 2013
CPU 1.33GHz Intel Atom Z3470D (Turbo up to 1.86GHz)
RAM 2GB 1600MHz DDR3L
GPU Intel HD Graphics (integrated)
HDD 32 or 64GB integrated NAND
NETWORKING Dual-band 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0
PORTS MicroUSB 2.0 (supports charging and USB OTG), microSD card reader, headphones
SIZE 8.50" x 5.12" x 0.35" (216 x 130 x 9mm)
WEIGHT 0.87 lbs (395g)

So it should be able to run these games.
Question: Has anybody tried these games on a windows based tablet and if so, how well do they run? thanks!
ClarkTorry

Re: Wolverine Games on Windows Tablet?

Postby PointGuard » Sat May 25, 2019 12:15 pm

I've played DDSCB on a windows 8 tablet in the past. It worked, but since that tablet was small, the game display was pretty darned small. Your resolution will likely not allow the right and left info panels to show, but that info can be see with a few clicks within the program, if desired.

I presently play the game on a windows 10 2-in-1 14" convertible computer so I can play it in tablet mode, although I prefer to play it in laptop mode.
Dynasty Threads:
8X8 Tournament-PG;Town Crier-CB18;FIve Friends/Foes-CB17;Top 8 Tourney-CB16;Media Perspective-CB16;Whatever It Takes-CB3;Top 1-16 Tourney-CB3;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB3;Gym Rat-CB2;Repairman-CB2;S. Mastroani-TPG3;V. Stevenson-TPG2
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Wolverine Games on Windows Tablet?

Postby damoore46 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:30 pm

I'll be honest, I am not a MAC person at all. Never owned one. however, I have known some people that have had them. I cannot speak for the tablets, but if the operating systems are close to the same, you may be able to find an emulator for the MAC tablet that will allow these games to run. I also did some digging, and if you do go the way of an Android tablet, you may be able to use another type emulator there. One that was mentioned was called "Wine". Again, I have no experience with these, just some things that I have discovered.

Hope this can give you more ideas.
David
damoore46

Return to General Discussions