Two notes on the upcoming DDS:PB 2020

Two notes on the upcoming DDS:PB 2020

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:40 pm

Hey everyone - you'll have an opportunity to pre-order very shortly now and then get into the beta later this week but I wanted to make two things known ahead of time so you're not caught off-guard.

1. DDS:PB20 will not be compatible with DDS: College Basketball until the 2020 version is ready next year. So many things changed in PB20 including file structures (and I will release new templates for mods if anyone is interested) so therefore the CB19 and earlier files will not be directly compatible with the game.

2. We don't have a release date because I don't know how long the FirstAccess period will be. I'm not seeing issues on things on my end but the game has been completely rebuilt on a brand new platform. Hopefully it will be a short beta period like normal and the game will be fully released in a short period of time but as we get the game on other machines with different configurations and the like I just don't know what we will run into so for those who are pre-ordering just for the discount and/or Steam key that's perfectly ok. For those who are doing it to help test I REALLY appreciate that and appreciate your patience as we navigate this platform for the first time. The pain experience in getting it on this platform will be well worth it in the end as we'll be able to knock out even more amazing stuff in the future.

Thanks everyone - back soon!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Two notes on the upcoming DDS:PB 2020

Postby Human-Cigar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:20 pm

Sounds great to me. Looking forward to diving into this rebuild.
Human-Cigar

Postby Rizzo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:08 am

Thanks for the news Gary!
Rizzo

Postby BKL » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:35 pm

Will we be able to import our league from DDS: PB 2019?
BKL

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:02 am

BKL wrote:Will we be able to import our league from DDS: PB 2019?

It is my intention that you will be able to - at the very least I might be able to offer to do the work manually for people who really want to keep their leagues going. Still working on how its going to work with the file structure changing from PB19
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Phatman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Will the final version of the beta (before the retail version comes out) have the capability of continuing our PB19 league? Hopefully we can test that just before retail. The only thing that sucks about not continuing it from CB19 is that's how I play my leagues. It's the only thing that keeps the immersion factor going for me.
Phatman

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:42 am

Due to the file and platform changes there will not be a way to straight import the PB19 leagues unfortunately. But knowing that this is important to some customers we are going to offer to manually recreate the league for you if you want that league to continue on in PB20.

When CB20 is released it will again be able to link up with PB20 and we'll probably have to offer the same kind of offer to convert leagues manually. If you have a linked league you want to keep going as such you could always start a new one now and then have us manually upgrade both of the leagues next year when CB20 is available.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 General Discussion