Redshirt going Pro

Redshirt going Pro

Postby TheCuseIsInTheHouse » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 pm

I had the #7 recruit coming in but with two guys better than him on the depth chart (he came in as a 2*) I decided to redshirt him. The dude decided to go pro. Anyone else had this happen? I can see him transferring and being pissed I redshirted him but going pro was strange; especially for a guy who sucked.

My scouting skill is 100 so I doubt he was that significantly mis-scouted.
TheCuseIsInTheHouse

Re: Redshirt going Pro

Postby agoo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:36 pm

Happened to me once. Got a top 20 recruit, redshirted him for the same reason and he went 12th overall in the next draft.
agoo

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:02 pm

I guess HE and an NBA TEAM figured he was better than you did. :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Cards1125 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:34 pm

I've had a similar issue in the past. I believe it's a situation where the player has awesome potential, they just haven't reached it yet. And the NBA is still willing to draft them just based on the potential.
Cards1125

Postby jfsolo23 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:29 am

Yeah, you have to play a top twenty ranked player regardless of what his ratings or OVR shows because otherwise you've wasted your time recruiting him because he is going to dip one way or another.

This doesn't apply to your crosstown rival though, who can somehow get the number 3 ranked player and First Team All-American in both his Frosh and Soph year to stay for his junior year(I'm not bitter or anything).
jfsolo23

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion