PDA

View Full Version : I'm back

sportsfanmike
10-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Hey guys, I'm rediscovering my love for computer software games, yet again. I'm considering buying Total College Basketball again, for only 10 bucks it's a good deal, as long as it works. I also am considering getting DDS:CB again. I always had bad luck with this game, as the random freeze issue ended most of my dynasties before I could get a good start on them. And I also played the demo of DDS:PB2. My thoughts on that game are in that particular thread. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have a dynasty report going on one of the college basketball games.

I'm also an avid player of OOTP 11, as well as Fast Break College Basketball, the football manager series. I'm getting into football sims as well, as I've played both Bowl Bound College Football and The College Years.

I do have 2 questions: First, do any of you have a recommendation on whether I should order TCB again? OR should I just try the 2 Draft Day Sports games and see if I can make them work. Other question, how do you all feel about the new Fast Break College Basketball game over on Greydog Software? I know that it is the competitor, I just wondered if any of you played it. Thanks for your time.

Zorro
10-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Hey guys, I'm rediscovering my love for computer software games, yet again. I'm considering buying Total College Basketball again, for only 10 bucks it's a good deal, as long as it works. I also am considering getting DDS:CB again. I always had bad luck with this game, as the random freeze issue ended most of my dynasties before I could get a good start on them. And I also played the demo of DDS:PB2. My thoughts on that game are in that particular thread. Hopefully by the end of the week I will have a dynasty report going on one of the college basketball games.

I'm also an avid player of OOTP 11, as well as Fast Break College Basketball, the football manager series. I'm getting into football sims as well, as I've played both Bowl Bound College Football and The College Years.

I do have 2 questions: First, do any of you have a recommendation on whether I should order TCB again? OR should I just try the 2 Draft Day Sports games and see if I can make them work. Other question, how do you all feel about the new Fast Break College Basketball game over on Greydog Software? I know that it is the competitor, I just wondered if any of you played it. Thanks for your time.First off the fast break college game is almost identical to the first one. So if you have the old one do not bother because in my opinion it is almost the same. Also have you tried the PureSim baseball game yet? I have a one time deal that has not been taken as yet. I have a extra copy of Pure Sim 3 that I will give free to the first one who buys the new DDSPB game. If you are interested just PM me with the proof of sale and I will give you the Serial Number that is good for 2 licenses for the Puresim Baseball game.............................................. .Z

sportsfanmike
10-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Just purchased Total College Basketball. Thank goodness it was only 10 dollars. Didn't even get past the first round of training camps and it locked up on me. I'm installing DDS:PB2 again hoping I have better luck with it. Thanks for the offer Zorro, I actually do have Puresim already.

PointGuard
10-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Since you're going to have DDSPB2, then using DDSCB rather than TCB would seem to be the better option since your good college players can smoothly move from DDSCB to DDSPB2. Additionally, DDSCB is a much better game than TCB (which I liked also, but have never wanted to go back to since playing DDSCB).

Sorry to hear you've had random freeze problems with DDSCB. I've not experienced that.