PDA

View Full Version : Custom League

cubbyroy
11-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Okay so lets say I wanted to start a fictional league in say 1980. If i wanted to change the team names, logos etc how hard would this be? As for expansion would the league automatically expand or do I get the choice when the league expands? Is there a way to quick sim a few years in order to get some league history before I jump in?

Sorry for all of the questions and thanks to those that answer.

Bryan Swartz
11-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Names and logos are defined in the database(default .dat file). The easiest way is to change them there, so that you don't have to do it each time you start a league.

It does not expand automatically, only when you tell it to.

There is no quick-sim option.

cubbyroy
11-12-2010, 11:37 AM
But if I just want the names and logos changed for one new universe then is it easier to do it within the save. Not sure if that made sense.

Bryan Swartz
11-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Well if the save is already started then you can't change it from the database -- that only works for new associations.

To do it within the save means going to each team's Team Info page separately. I personally think the database method is easier, but for some people who don't messing with databases it won't be. On questions of the 'which is easier' type it always comes down to personal preference.

cubbyroy
11-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Okay thanks Brian.

cubbyroy
11-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Is there a specific size the logos need to be? I apologize if this is in the manual or somewhere else.

Bryan Swartz
11-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Stickied forever in the Mods forum:

http://www.wolverinestudios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11236