PDA

View Full Version : Editing injuries?

gadorg
11-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Is there a way to edit injuries (say, while in Commish mode)? I suppose there's a way to do it through the .mdb, but I've never messed around with that.

Bryan Swartz
11-16-2010, 03:28 PM
There isn't an in-game way to edit injuries.

As far as the .mdb route goes, it depends on what you are trying to do. Do you want to edit an specific injury to a specific player, or the details of a specific injury(say, how broken hands work)?

gadorg
11-16-2010, 05:40 PM
There isn't an in-game way to edit injuries.

As far as the .mdb route goes, it depends on what you are trying to do. Do you want to edit an specific injury to a specific player, or the details of a specific injury(say, how broken hands work)?

The former; there has been a rash of injuries to superstar players in my sim league (Dwight Howard, Danny Granger, among others) and I'd llike to at least shorten up the injury duration. Since the .mdb route is the only way to go, what's the process to editing the injury without messing up the file?

Bryan Swartz
11-16-2010, 06:10 PM
I don't know if it is a supported thing to change/edit -- I haven't ever tried it myself and haven't heard of others trying to do so.

The way to try though would be to edit the file that is exported from the Commissioner's Office, the fields you are looking for are InjuryLength(sounds like that's what you want) and InjuryID(which defines the kind of injury).

Then Import Database when you are done making changes.

gadorg
11-16-2010, 06:51 PM
That did the trick; thanks again.

Bryan Swartz
11-16-2010, 07:03 PM
You're welcome :).