PDA

View Full Version : No. of clubs in the bag

khb8468
09-13-2007, 06:46 PM
The rules of golf only allow a golfer to carry 14 clubs including the putter in the bag. However, I notice that TPG2 allows 15 clubs including the putter in the bag. So, unfortunately I had to disqualify everyone at the end of the last round! :)

In addition, the choice of which clubs to carry in a round is an important one for many golfers. Perhaps on a longer, tighter course I carry more long irons but on a shorter course maybe I swap out a long iron for an extra wedge. I didn't see anywhere that I could tweak this (I've just been mentally not allowing myself to use one club each round so I don't break the rules, i.e., I just pretend like I don't have the option to use the hyb, for example). Fixing this would add one more nice strategy option to the game and, given that the game is attempting to replicate a true golf experience, I think it should adhere to the rules of golf as much as possible. (Maybe there is a place to choose the clubs, but I didn't see it?)

I'm still playing the demo, but I suspect I'm going to purchase the full version as this is a really great game!

Take care,
Ken

Bryan Swartz
09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks for your comments, and welcome to the forums! :) At this time there is no option to change # of clubs or what specific clubs you carry.