Go Back   Wolverine Studios > FaceOff Hockey > FOH 2008 General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Latest Wolverine News
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 4 FirstAccess now underway!

Music Wars Rebirth 1 now Freeware! See the MWR page for the download

Introducing "The Sports Market"

Check out @WSSportsNetwork and tweet us about the WS game you are playing!

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and special game sales!

Old 09-29-2009, 01:16 AM
Wolverine Studios

Thumbs up A Thank You to Face Off Enthusiasts

To all you FOH fans out there...thank you. I know that your beloved game has been put through the ringer over the years. I want to thank you for your patience with us as we try to not only serve the remaining FOH community but eventually grow it.

Due to some unforseen delays the season disk was not released when we had hoped or truth be told even when it was ready. Brian worked tirelessly (in addition to continuing putting FOH back together as a game) and Rick continued to offer his help and guidance on the disk and the delay is squarely on my shoulders.

The delay really has little to do at all with FOH but more of the business of running Wolverine as a whole. Unfortunately it happend right at the time the season disk was ready and we've been in a holding pattern with it. As I posted in my other thread - the disk is ready, we're ready to sell it, we're just waiting on a switch being flipped from a new partner and we will be ready to roll.

I just felt I should take a moment and thank you all for your patience. We're trying as best we can to earn your confidence and trust as well as your business. We did not agree to take on the game to let it die out - our goal was to give it a stable home and be able to grow the game and community. We're doing that to the best of our ability and we're going to improve over time in both learning about the needs/wants of the FOH community and in delivering those things to you. Thank you again and as soon as we're live in our new webstore you will be the first to know about it.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:33 AM

Thank you Gary, look forward to getting the disk and get rolling!

Thanks also to Brian, I know you have had a time of it with re-writing the game and I know it's going to be a great improvement when it's ready, look forward to using it in 2010.

Mark
Old 09-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Wolverine Studios

Thanks Blades, after the new addition to my family I am finally getting back to working on faceoff semi-regularly. There is some new development left, and a whole huge pile of cleanup and testing work. It's one of those things that can never be "done" because there is always something more I can do to make it better.

One of the axioms of software development is that "No project is ever completed, simply abandoned."

Regardless I am grateful for the extra time and I am not quite ready to abandon it yet.

Last edited by Brian Van Wyk : 09-29-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:07 PM

Thanks for the update Gary. Will the card version of the game be released at the same time that the game disk is made available? Will we have to purchase it through the other site the same way we had to last year? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krellman View Post
Thanks for the update Gary. Will the card version of the game be released at the same time that the game disk is made available? Will we have to purchase it through the other site the same way we had to last year? Thanks.
Same as last year, PT Games, Inc, is continuing licensing the boardgame set, I'm waiting for my partner to put up the new website and will announce its availability here on the forum.