Financials Required and Manual

Financials Required and Manual

Postby regenerator » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:24 pm

1) For some of the new features or new people to this game, is there a manual to explain things like "AI Increased Difficulty"?

2) Are financials supposed to be required in all areas of play? I tried to create a Sandbox league, and was forced to keep financials even in that option of play. I do not like this if this is how thing are intended. All things like this should be optional as before.
regenerator

Re: Financials Required and Manual

Postby Brooks_Piggott » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:13 pm

The manual needs to be updated, but we're also looking at simplifying the manual and adding more posts to the forum or a wiki, etc. to make it easier to add to over time.

The financials are now required due to contracts for coaches, free agency, extensions, etc. that all require some sort of money to be involved.
Brooks_Piggott

Postby regenerator » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:32 am

Ok, just one person's opinion, been a contributor to the latest versions for years, active on forum - I HATE this, I do not want to deal with money, That is not fun to me at all and is not why I play. I want to create custom leagues and play and so on, but I do not care about the contracts or salary cap. I prefer the days of loaded teams.

Most of all, I liked that virtually everything in this game used to be customizable. Now this is being forced on us, even in SANDBOX leagues?? I have a very specific set of rosters and I want them intact for life and not to lose to free agency and salary cap, something that has almost ruined the NFL. Don;t you miss the days when players were identifiable by the colors they wore as anything else. You can't see their face, but you knew #12 in White and Silver was the QB of the Dallas Cowboys, and Roger Staubach was gonna be calling the signals every Sunday, for over a decade. Associating a player with one main team. But that's not the main issue - to reiterate, I want my teams to have certain identity's. The '85 Bears come to mind as a real world example - never woulda happened in today's salary cap era. This is potential a deal-breaker. Hopefully there's some way to circumvent this so I can keep my teams together. I know injuries happen, trades happen, but this doesn't...

Could this possibly result in not allowing me to import my teams from the 2018 to 2019 bc of salary cap issues?

Ok, rant out. Until next time lol...

Otherwise the program looks nice, although the UI can be pretty messed up as far as navigation, it's actually quite convoluted but I'm sure you've already heard the complaints.

Thanks,
Travis
regenerator

Postby AKH » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:18 am

You can set the cap at 1 billion but max salary at 500k or something then teams will never hit the cap. Alternatively you can export players at the end of each season and reimport the next .
AKH

Postby Brooks_Piggott » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:08 pm

There are so many decisions and features in the game that require money that turning it off isn't easy. I suppose once a player is drafted they can get a min salary (300k) and 99 year contracts, same with coaches... and then we'd just turn off/skip free agency and coach hiring.
Brooks_Piggott

Postby JDB » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:52 pm

When do contract negotiations typically happen? Do they happen through the year or only during free agency? I would really like to only focus on the football aspects of my teams and not deal with contracts and the financial stuff. But if I could just simply switch all my teams over to CPU control during free agency if that's when they happen, assuming there is no auto feature for player contracts, then I have no problem doing that.
JDB

Postby AKH » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:55 pm

I think if you switch your team to CPU control at the end-season stage and then leave it on CPU over the flip, the AI will extend the contracts (according to its logic, so it may not retain all players).
AKH

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 FirstAccess