Custom Overall Rating

Custom Overall Rating

Postby ZootMurph » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:03 pm

There is nothing in the help file about this. Before I start messing with it and screwing everything up, can someone tell me something about it?

I assume the ability score numbers are weights. I don't know what Skill, Modifier, Average, Min and Max mean. Also, if I use them, do I see players using these but other teams see them with the default or their own settings?

I use a spreadsheet where I weight the different abilities, and this is a great feature where I can do it in game rather than copy pasting my roster into the spreadsheet.

Thanks!!
ZootMurph

Re: Custom Overall Rating

Postby Brooks_Piggott » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:55 pm

It's another one of those "advanced" features that I wasn't sure how people would use.I did add some instructions to the screen to help users going forward:

OVR = Sum of (Each Rating * the number entered above) / by the modifier number entered.
Example: OVR = ((Str*5) + (Agi*5) ... ) / 45
The average and max OVR's calculated will be shown to the right so you can see the effects of your formula.
There is a min/max of 1/100.
Brooks_Piggott

Postby Brooks_Piggott » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:58 pm

Basically it's a way for people to build their own OVR's in case they have different ratings on their players that throws off the AI. It also helps with leagues who feel their ratings are too high, or too low, by giving them a way to customize it. It will not change any internal ratings, but AI calculations that rely on OVR will be affected (salaries, roster spots, fa bidding, etc.), which is why it's an advanced setting.
Brooks_Piggott

Postby ZootMurph » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:08 pm

Thanks Brooks. That's exactly what I thought it was, but when I put numbers in, I get min AND max of 100. It's because I put large numbers in (my spreadsheet calcs are based on 100, so for example I put in, for QB, 35 INT, 35 ACC, 30 ARM, which obviously led to a HUGE number). I basically have to find a good balance between the weights and modifier to get a good range.

Also, can you tell me what Skill is? I'm assuming it's the players ability at their position. So if a player had 10 LB, 25 SS, 50 DE, he would have 10 skill if he was a linebacker, 25 skill at strong safety, and 50 at DE.

I love this feature, it's just a matter, like most other features in this game, of tweaking it to get it right for your style.
ZootMurph

Postby Brooks_Piggott » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:35 pm

Yea, the skill is the skill for their current position.
Brooks_Piggott

Postby regenerator » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:23 am

Brooks your calculations are way off! Unless I missed something badly...
Okay Ive been messing around with Custom Overall Ratings all night and it kept turning out in counterintuitive ways, something just wasnt looking right for me...and finally I busted out the calculations myself to find out they are off.

Ex:
I wanted to add an attachment of a screenshot of my QB Custom overall rating formula but apparently no more attachments can be added to the board?
Anyway -
My QB OVR Custom:
Atr X3, Agi X4, End X1, Arm X10, Int X8, Skill X10
Modifier - 47

QB1
Str 61
Agi 63
End 70
Arm 95
Int 72
Acc 77
QB Skill 80
This should have resulted in a 79.89 or 80 rounded OVR
Instead the game put it as 87

Please correct either me if I got something wrong or the code in the game

Thanks!
regenerator

Postby Brooks_Piggott » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:54 am

I can't recreate this because you didn't list everything (acc weight is missing). Also the custom OVR formula actually goes off of the players best position. So even if you mark the player as QB, if they are a WR or RB by skill level it will use that calculation instead. I may have to change this to players current listed position, but I wasn't sure which way would be better.
Brooks_Piggott

Postby regenerator » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:46 am

Sry yah left out Accuracy somehow, lets try again

Str X3, Agi X4, End X1, Arm, X10, Int X8, Acc X12, Skill X10
QBi
Str 61
Agi 63
Arm 95
Int 72
Acc 77
QB 80
Should be 79.89 - 80
regenerator

Postby Brooks_Piggott » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:52 am

I would jump on the slack channel and share your .bin file with us so we can check and see what's going on.
Brooks_Piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2020 FirstAccess