Page 2 of 3

Re: Top 25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:01 am
by cdcool
CheshireCat303 wrote:Thats the ui, not the engine. In the end it doesnt matter and sadly wont change


Whatever, I hope it can be fixed/changed.

Re: Top 25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:15 am
by 23Zone
Maybe just put as many games as you can in the top 25? At most times you would get most of them... how often do more than 16 of the top 25 play on the same day? Just an idea...

Re: Top 25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:48 pm
by NCAAhoops
I understand the Top 25 display as I miss it too,and hope it comes back too. But in reality I rarely used it as I very rarely crack the top 25 myself. I usually look at my conference as I want to know what the teams there did. Did the team just 1 game ahead of me lose?
I'm sure if it can be done they will try to do it. But even if its not until next years version I don't mind as I think with all that had to be done to convert to a new platform plus the additions we did get I'm fine with that.
There is not a College Basketball game that comes close to the depth and reality of DDSCB. All the other college basketball games have some type issue, no support, unrealistic play, arcade style, it's not a perfect world.
I'm not trying to be a homer just think its minor compared to what your getting compared to other games, and I have tried pretty much all of them.

Re: Top 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:32 am
by 23Zone
Hey I agree with everything you are saying hoops. Looks like we have both been here since 2007... we have both enjoyed this game for a long time and the support here is awesome. I usually play a mid major team so we at some point crack the Top 25... Then I enjoy that for a year or 2 and move on to another down and out school. I dont know how you guys can recruit at those middle of nowhere schools.

Re: Top 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:49 am
by cdcool
NCAAhoops wrote:I understand the Top 25 display as I miss it too,and hope it comes back too. But in reality I rarely used it as I very rarely crack the top 25 myself. I usually look at my conference as I want to know what the teams there did. Did the team just 1 game ahead of me lose?
I'm sure if it can be done they will try to do it. But even if its not until next years version I don't mind as I think with all that had to be done to convert to a new platform plus the additions we did get I'm fine with that.
There is not a College Basketball game that comes close to the depth and reality of DDSCB. All the other college basketball games have some type issue, no support, unrealistic play, arcade style, it's not a perfect world.
I'm not trying to be a homer just think its minor compared to what your getting compared to other games, and I have tried pretty much all of them.


It is a good game, no one is questioning that. It depends on how you play that determines how important seeing the top 25 is obviously.
it's very important for me and some others the way I play the game.

Re: Top 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:52 pm
by Gary Gorski
cdcool wrote:That is a serious limitation of the new engine, that needs to be re-coded or something.
It’s Huge, especially for managing all teams in single player and watching games of the top teams.
If you can’t fix it, you can’t fixed it but stopped me from buying so far, I’ll take another look but not sure if I can get past it.


I appreciate your feedback but telling me you are not going to buy the game because I don't change something isn't going to get me to change it. I recall you voicing the same sort of thing with the recruiting screen like a month ago and that was during the pre-order phase when only people who had bought the game had access to the pre-release builds which obviously you didn't.

I've already stated that there is a reason the Top 25 view is not there. I am not going to redesign the entire screen to try and add a view of more than 16 games or add buttons somewhere to flip to games 17-25 for one view. If that's a deal breaker then I am sorry but at least you know you can move on from them game then because I'm 100% not changing the layout of the screen. I do like 23Zone's suggestion of maybe just a view with as many of the Top 25 games as possible. That is something I can and will look at because it will fit within the current design.

In the future if you have a suggestion please just make the suggestion. You don't have to tell me its "huge" or that you are withholding buying unless I change it to fit what you want (and even then how do I know that changing something will actually make someone purchase as opposed to just finding something else that must be changed). I know the suggestions are very important to the people who make them. If the game doesn't measure up to what you want I understand and I thank you for trying it if in fact you have.

I don't and can't promise anyone anything other than that I listen, consider and implement as much of what I can as long as it fits within the design of the game.

Re: Top 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:32 pm
by cdcool
Gary Gorski wrote:
cdcool wrote:That is a serious limitation of the new engine, that needs to be re-coded or something.
It’s Huge, especially for managing all teams in single player and watching games of the top teams.
If you can’t fix it, you can’t fixed it but stopped me from buying so far, I’ll take another look but not sure if I can get past it.


I appreciate your feedback but telling me you are not going to buy the game because I don't change something isn't going to get me to change it. I recall you voicing the same sort of thing with the recruiting screen like a month ago and that was during the pre-order phase when only people who had bought the game had access to the pre-release builds which obviously you didn't.

I've already stated that there is a reason the Top 25 view is not there. I am not going to redesign the entire screen to try and add a view of more than 16 games or add buttons somewhere to flip to games 17-25 for one view. If that's a deal breaker then I am sorry but at least you know you can move on from them game then because I'm 100% not changing the layout of the screen. I do like 23Zone's suggestion of maybe just a view with as many of the Top 25 games as possible. That is something I can and will look at because it will fit within the current design.

In the future if you have a suggestion please just make the suggestion. You don't have to tell me its "huge" or that you are withholding buying unless I change it to fit what you want (and even then how do I know that changing something will actually make someone purchase as opposed to just finding something else that must be changed). I know the suggestions are very important to the people who make them. If the game doesn't measure up to what you want I understand and I thank you for trying it if in fact you have.

I don't and can't promise anyone anything other than that I listen, consider and implement as much of what I can as long as it fits within the design of the game.


I got the demo as per your suggestion so stating what I'm stating without actually playing or seeing it would be ridiculous.

You don't have to change anything already know that, I stated it stopped me from buying it thus far, others may not care, I get that, I did word it as an ultimatum.
You do like someone else suggestion on getting as many top 25 teams on the screen, so that's great. I don't see anything I said that was offensive.

Thank you for the consideration.

Re: Top 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:51 pm
by Gary Gorski
23Zone wrote:Maybe just put as many games as you can in the top 25? At most times you would get most of them... how often do more than 16 of the top 25 play on the same day? Just an idea...


Working on this right now - should be included in the next update

Re: Top 25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:53 pm
by cdcool
Gary Gorski wrote:
23Zone wrote:Maybe just put as many games as you can in the top 25? At most times you would get most of them... how often do more than 16 of the top 25 play on the same day? Just an idea...


Working on this right now - should be included in the next update


Thanks to you both.

Re: Top 25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:05 pm
by cdcool
Gary Gorski wrote:
23Zone wrote:Maybe just put as many games as you can in the top 25? At most times you would get most of them... how often do more than 16 of the top 25 play on the same day? Just an idea...


Working on this right now - should be included in the next update


Thanks Gary, I bought the game today! Enjoying it now!