Philosophical Question on Scouting Value

Re: Philosophical Question on Scouting Value

Postby BoilerUp » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:48 am

Wayne23 wrote: Several of the veterans here play two exhibition games in early November, before the season starts, and we use the stats from those games to help us to formulate our depth charts. I apportion minutes as near to evenly as I can in those two games, esp. with a low rated team and low Reputation coaches. I am often surprised by at least one player in the exhibition games, but if I didn't give everyone significant minutes i might never know! Given that most, if not all Div. I hoops teams play 2 exhibition games, it seems perfectly legitimate. Then we adjust the lineup based upon performance once the "real" games begin.

HOW do you play two exhibition games in early November??

I've always wanted to do that, but have never seen how/when to do so.
BoilerUp

Re: Philosophical Question on Scouting Value

Postby PointGuard » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:23 pm

BoilerUp wrote:
Wayne23 wrote: Several of the veterans here play two exhibition games in early November, before the season starts, and we use the stats from those games to help us to formulate our depth charts. I apportion minutes as near to evenly as I can in those two games, esp. with a low rated team and low Reputation coaches. I am often surprised by at least one player in the exhibition games, but if I didn't give everyone significant minutes i might never know! Given that most, if not all Div. I hoops teams play 2 exhibition games, it seems perfectly legitimate. Then we adjust the lineup based upon performance once the "real" games begin.

HOW do you play two exhibition games in early November??

I've always wanted to do that, but have never seen how/when to do so.

You can play an exhibition game any time you want (summer, fall, winter, spring) and as often as you want by just clicking on Exhibition Game when you are logging into DDSCB and then selecting the teams you want to play in the game..be sure to change who's directing "your" team from "CPU" to "HUMAN" on the screen where you select the 2 teams.
Dynasty Threads:
8X8 Tournament-PG;Town Crier-CB18;FIve Friends/Foes-CB17;Top 8 Tourney-CB16;Media Perspective-CB16;Whatever It Takes-CB3;Top 1-16 Tourney-CB3;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB3;Gym Rat-CB2;Repairman-CB2;S. Mastroani-TPG3;V. Stevenson-TPG2
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2017 General Discussion