Top 25

Re: Top 25

Postby cdcool » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:01 am

CheshireCat303 wrote:Thats the ui, not the engine. In the end it doesnt matter and sadly wont change


Whatever, I hope it can be fixed/changed.
User avatar
cdcool
Member
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:39 am
Location: Chicago/New York

Re: Top 25

Postby 23Zone » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:15 am

Maybe just put as many games as you can in the top 25? At most times you would get most of them... how often do more than 16 of the top 25 play on the same day? Just an idea...
23Zone
Junior Member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: Top 25

Postby NCAAhoops » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:48 pm

I understand the Top 25 display as I miss it too,and hope it comes back too. But in reality I rarely used it as I very rarely crack the top 25 myself. I usually look at my conference as I want to know what the teams there did. Did the team just 1 game ahead of me lose?
I'm sure if it can be done they will try to do it. But even if its not until next years version I don't mind as I think with all that had to be done to convert to a new platform plus the additions we did get I'm fine with that.
There is not a College Basketball game that comes close to the depth and reality of DDSCB. All the other college basketball games have some type issue, no support, unrealistic play, arcade style, it's not a perfect world.
I'm not trying to be a homer just think its minor compared to what your getting compared to other games, and I have tried pretty much all of them.
User avatar
NCAAhoops
Member
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:04 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: Top 25

Postby 23Zone » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:32 am

Hey I agree with everything you are saying hoops. Looks like we have both been here since 2007... we have both enjoyed this game for a long time and the support here is awesome. I usually play a mid major team so we at some point crack the Top 25... Then I enjoy that for a year or 2 and move on to another down and out school. I dont know how you guys can recruit at those middle of nowhere schools.
23Zone
Junior Member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:46 pm

Re: Top 25

Postby cdcool » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:49 am

NCAAhoops wrote:I understand the Top 25 display as I miss it too,and hope it comes back too. But in reality I rarely used it as I very rarely crack the top 25 myself. I usually look at my conference as I want to know what the teams there did. Did the team just 1 game ahead of me lose?
I'm sure if it can be done they will try to do it. But even if its not until next years version I don't mind as I think with all that had to be done to convert to a new platform plus the additions we did get I'm fine with that.
There is not a College Basketball game that comes close to the depth and reality of DDSCB. All the other college basketball games have some type issue, no support, unrealistic play, arcade style, it's not a perfect world.
I'm not trying to be a homer just think its minor compared to what your getting compared to other games, and I have tried pretty much all of them.


It is a good game, no one is questioning that. It depends on how you play that determines how important seeing the top 25 is obviously.
it's very important for me and some others the way I play the game.
User avatar
cdcool
Member
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:39 am
Location: Chicago/New York

Re: Top 25

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:52 pm

cdcool wrote:That is a serious limitation of the new engine, that needs to be re-coded or something.
It’s Huge, especially for managing all teams in single player and watching games of the top teams.
If you can’t fix it, you can’t fixed it but stopped me from buying so far, I’ll take another look but not sure if I can get past it.


I appreciate your feedback but telling me you are not going to buy the game because I don't change something isn't going to get me to change it. I recall you voicing the same sort of thing with the recruiting screen like a month ago and that was during the pre-order phase when only people who had bought the game had access to the pre-release builds which obviously you didn't.

I've already stated that there is a reason the Top 25 view is not there. I am not going to redesign the entire screen to try and add a view of more than 16 games or add buttons somewhere to flip to games 17-25 for one view. If that's a deal breaker then I am sorry but at least you know you can move on from them game then because I'm 100% not changing the layout of the screen. I do like 23Zone's suggestion of maybe just a view with as many of the Top 25 games as possible. That is something I can and will look at because it will fit within the current design.

In the future if you have a suggestion please just make the suggestion. You don't have to tell me its "huge" or that you are withholding buying unless I change it to fit what you want (and even then how do I know that changing something will actually make someone purchase as opposed to just finding something else that must be changed). I know the suggestions are very important to the people who make them. If the game doesn't measure up to what you want I understand and I thank you for trying it if in fact you have.

I don't and can't promise anyone anything other than that I listen, consider and implement as much of what I can as long as it fits within the design of the game.
User avatar
Gary Gorski
WS Development
 
Posts: 8012
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: Top 25

Postby cdcool » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:32 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:
cdcool wrote:That is a serious limitation of the new engine, that needs to be re-coded or something.
It’s Huge, especially for managing all teams in single player and watching games of the top teams.
If you can’t fix it, you can’t fixed it but stopped me from buying so far, I’ll take another look but not sure if I can get past it.


I appreciate your feedback but telling me you are not going to buy the game because I don't change something isn't going to get me to change it. I recall you voicing the same sort of thing with the recruiting screen like a month ago and that was during the pre-order phase when only people who had bought the game had access to the pre-release builds which obviously you didn't.

I've already stated that there is a reason the Top 25 view is not there. I am not going to redesign the entire screen to try and add a view of more than 16 games or add buttons somewhere to flip to games 17-25 for one view. If that's a deal breaker then I am sorry but at least you know you can move on from them game then because I'm 100% not changing the layout of the screen. I do like 23Zone's suggestion of maybe just a view with as many of the Top 25 games as possible. That is something I can and will look at because it will fit within the current design.

In the future if you have a suggestion please just make the suggestion. You don't have to tell me its "huge" or that you are withholding buying unless I change it to fit what you want (and even then how do I know that changing something will actually make someone purchase as opposed to just finding something else that must be changed). I know the suggestions are very important to the people who make them. If the game doesn't measure up to what you want I understand and I thank you for trying it if in fact you have.

I don't and can't promise anyone anything other than that I listen, consider and implement as much of what I can as long as it fits within the design of the game.


I got the demo as per your suggestion so stating what I'm stating without actually playing or seeing it would be ridiculous.

You don't have to change anything already know that, I stated it stopped me from buying it thus far, others may not care, I get that, I did word it as an ultimatum.
You do like someone else suggestion on getting as many top 25 teams on the screen, so that's great. I don't see anything I said that was offensive.

Thank you for the consideration.
User avatar
cdcool
Member
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:39 am
Location: Chicago/New York

Re: Top 25

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:51 pm

23Zone wrote:Maybe just put as many games as you can in the top 25? At most times you would get most of them... how often do more than 16 of the top 25 play on the same day? Just an idea...


Working on this right now - should be included in the next update
User avatar
Gary Gorski
WS Development
 
Posts: 8012
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:56 pm

Re: Top 25

Postby cdcool » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:53 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:
23Zone wrote:Maybe just put as many games as you can in the top 25? At most times you would get most of them... how often do more than 16 of the top 25 play on the same day? Just an idea...


Working on this right now - should be included in the next update


Thanks to you both.
User avatar
cdcool
Member
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:39 am
Location: Chicago/New York

Re: Top 25

Postby cdcool » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:05 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:
23Zone wrote:Maybe just put as many games as you can in the top 25? At most times you would get most of them... how often do more than 16 of the top 25 play on the same day? Just an idea...


Working on this right now - should be included in the next update


Thanks Gary, I bought the game today! Enjoying it now!
User avatar
cdcool
Member
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:39 am
Location: Chicago/New York

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nando7007 and 1 guest