Community Mod

Re: Community Mod

Postby darrellet86 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:41 pm

dudefan wrote:@darrellet86

do you have an updated roster at hands with injuries and draft picks?

@gary
Can you add an injury option in commish mode, so we can easily add injuries by ourselves. the modfiles are too complicated for me. thx.

I'll be working on it this weekend! I'm hoping to have it done by Saturday since I don't have to work. I won't be making any changes to free agency moves, but will have all injuries current to the 11/7, with estimated timetables.
darrellet86

Postby dudefan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:54 am

great! thx man
dudefan

Postby darrellet86 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Quick update. I've got the arenas done, now working on draft picks, then will do injuries. Since draft picks are only for the next three years if a pick is lottery protected it stays with the current team (ex: Atlanta has Brooklyn's 1st round lottery protected pick for the next 3 years, that conveys into two second picks for 2022 and 2024, so in cases like this I will just give that team their latest second round pick, so this would be a hawks 2022 second rounder).
darrellet86

Postby iPrestige » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:21 pm

darrellet86 wrote:Quick update. I've got the arenas done, now working on draft picks, then will do injuries. Since draft picks are only for the next three years if a pick is lottery protected it stays with the current team (ex: Atlanta has Brooklyn's 1st round lottery protected pick for the next 3 years, that conveys into two second picks for 2022 and 2024, so in cases like this I will just give that team their latest second round pick, so this would be a hawks 2022 second rounder).

Wouldn't be better to just leave the teams with conditional picks with their picks since we don't know how things are going to turn out this season and the seasons following?

Why not just include the picks that are already in the possession of teams IRL—ones that aren't determined by protections or a certain outcome to occur?
iPrestige

Postby darrellet86 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:46 pm

iPrestige wrote:
darrellet86 wrote:Quick update. I've got the arenas done, now working on draft picks, then will do injuries. Since draft picks are only for the next three years if a pick is lottery protected it stays with the current team (ex: Atlanta has Brooklyn's 1st round lottery protected pick for the next 3 years, that conveys into two second picks for 2022 and 2024, so in cases like this I will just give that team their latest second round pick, so this would be a hawks 2022 second rounder).

Wouldn't be better to just leave the teams with conditional picks with their picks since we don't know how things are going to turn out this season and the seasons following?

Why not just include the picks that are already in the possession of teams IRL—ones that aren't determined by protections or a certain outcome to occur?

I see what you are saying and I could have gone that route with just the ones that don't have any restrictions, but I didn't want to leave those teams high and dry with nothing to show for it. A lot of those trades, after going through all future picks, are really determining the 2023 and beyond draft classes, I'd say maybe a handful at most I had to just convey a 2022 second round pick in place of a 203-26 first.

All the draft picks are done too. Now on to player injuries!
darrellet86

Postby darrellet86 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:52 pm

Since I'm off tomorrow I'll use that time to focus on all of the player injuries, hopefully won't have to worry about this load management stuff lol
darrellet86

Postby darrellet86 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:15 am

So I have to redo the injuries. Will have them done soon!
darrellet86

Postby darrellet86 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:47 pm

I'm having issues with Parallels but was able to take care of everything. Although I had issues loading it up this go around. Let me know if there any issues with it! Cheers to whoever made the roster set!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=2019-20roster.db
darrellet86

Postby darrellet86 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:46 pm

darrellet86 wrote:I'm having issues with Parallels but was able to take care of everything. Although I had issues loading it up this go around. Let me know if there any issues with it! Cheers to whoever made the roster set!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=2019-20roster.db

For injuries that were outside of the timetable for said injury according to Gary's maximum length's I gave the player a suspension. So Steph Curry is out until Feb with his broken hand but in the game it's listed as a suspension. This was my first time ever doing a mod for any game so hopefully you guys like it!
darrellet86

Postby iPrestige » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:58 pm

Hey darrellet86,

First off, thanks so much for working on this project and sharing it with the community!

Unfortunately, when I click on the link you've provided, I'm sent to a dropbox page with a red "File does not exist" text box on the top of the screen.
iPrestige

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 FirstAccess