Training camp

Training camp

Postby Double Dribble » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:53 am

In training camp, I am allowed to max out the training in all the categories. Is there a downside to this? Or is this a bug?
Double Dribble

Re: Training camp

Postby iPrestige » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:29 pm

I highly doubt we should have the ability to max out all the training categories, so I do think we're dealing with some sort of bug here. If you look at each categories presets you'll notice that none of those categories are maxed out by the AI (same goes when you press on the "AI Suggest" button). Like I have said before, I don't mind the toggle bars, but we need to have numbers beside them so we can "see" what is really going on when we are allocating points to things "Training Camp" categories or GM/Coaching Philosophy.

The old "Training Camp" system was a lot easier to work with than the current one in PB20 because of the figures included.
iPrestige

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:14 am

You're not maxing them out - its purely a visual aid now instead of having to be precise with numbers. If you max everything on the screen all you're doing is setting everything to balanced. If you want to "max" something you set it all the way to the right and everything else way to the left. This way you can visually see where you are putting a focus and what you are ignoring or not spending much time on
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Double Dribble » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:54 am

Would it be possible to start all the sliders in the middle and when i pull slightly to the right on one slider, another slider will move to the slightly left. And if I pull all the way to the right, then another slider will go all the way to the left. This way I can see the cost/benefit ratio more clearly of what I want to do. Also, this way the sliders are more accurate as to what will actually be done in training camp because as of now even if I adjust each slider individually in an appropriate way. It is still not quite accurately showing what will be done.
Double Dribble

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:35 pm

No its not possible because I have no way of knowing what you wanted less effort on.

The way its setup makes sense once you get used to it - assume everything in the middle means everything balanced and then put more or less weight on each category from there
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2020 FirstAccess