Processing taking forever

Processing taking forever

Postby JonBloss » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:47 pm

I am getting a screen that says "processing" on top and "Finalizing travel and initializing recruiting. Please be patient as this process will take longer than others" underneath it. How long does this take? I have been looking at this screen for over 30 minutes? I have this game on a SSD drive on my alienware gaming laptop with no other programs besides now google chrome. Help?! I think the game is broke or something or this process really does take forever.
JonBloss

Re: Processing taking forever

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:09 pm

From the messages you descrit, it sounds like you opted to "skip summer"...the processing of those MANY dates and activities for each week from May 1 until Nov. 13 does take time...on my computer (which is less robust that yours) it takes about 8 minutes. It's never taken 30 minutes on mine (or for others who were in the initial beta-testing group) so don't know why it's taking that long on yours. The game definitely is NOT broken...wish I could help identify why yours is acting strange
Dynasty Threads:
8X8 Tournament-PG;Town Crier-CB18;FIve Friends/Foes-CB17;Top 8 Tourney-CB16;Media Perspective-CB16;Whatever It Takes-CB3;Top 1-16 Tourney-CB3;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB3;Gym Rat-CB2;Repairman-CB2;S. Mastroani-TPG3;V. Stevenson-TPG2
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Are you attempting to just process the one day or did you choose the skip summer option?

Can you quickly create another league and see if it happens there? If not then at least we know its something to do with that league and you could send in the game files then and we can see what is causing the issue
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby JonBloss » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:10 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:Are you attempting to just process the one day or did you choose the skip summer option?

Can you quickly create another league and see if it happens there? If not then at least we know its something to do with that league and you could send in the game files then and we can see what is causing the issue

Gary,
So yes I made a new league and it ended up working.
This saddens me because I made a league with my own personal logos and team names based on my cities skylines city. Which took me about 12 hours to put into this game.
JonBloss

Postby JonBloss » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:48 pm

Is there a way I can at least transfer team names info from one league to another?
JonBloss

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:49 pm

Well all hope is not lost Jon - the fact that the default league works and the edited one does not would lead me to believe the error has something to do with what you created. If you send the game files in we can take a look and maybe find what is wrong so it can be fixed. In the game open the upper left menu, choose HELP and follow the directions to send in the game files and I will be glad to look at it
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby JonBloss » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:04 pm

I sent in my games files! thanks.
JonBloss

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:04 pm

For anyone else who might run into this the error was that the user had not put in a state for one of the custom teams - so be sure if you are editing teams you have a state set :)
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Wisconsin51 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:02 am

I am running into the same issue. I started a second league (both leagues used the College Mod by NCAAhoops) and came across the same issue in both leagues.
Wisconsin51

Postby NCAAhoops » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:50 pm

Which Import are you using? 1,2,3 or 4.
Don't have any reports of this otherwise but would be happy to look into it.
Have you tried using a different import?
NCAAhoops

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2020 General Discussion